General Admissions Requirements
To be considered for admission, an applicant must:
· Be at least 18 years of age at the start of the program.
· Possess a high school diploma or GED.
· Pass a criminal background check that demonstrates no recorded felonies.
· Demonstrate the academic ability and the motivation to complete the program.
· Complete an admissions interview and essay that demonstrate a willingness to participate in both the school and the wider community.
· Be healthy and able to carry out the techniques or procedures that are necessary to be a massage therapist.
To enroll at NTC, you must complete the following steps:
1. Submit an Enrollment Agreement
Complete and mail the Enrollment Agreement to NOVA Training Center, or complete the form in person with an Admissions Representative, or complete the form online on the school website. All parts of the agreement must be completed.
2. Submit the Registration Fee
A non-refundable $45 Registration Fee is paid after finalizing the Enrollment Agreement
3. Provide the Required Documents
§ Official diploma showing graduation from an accredited U.S. high school, college, or university or the equivalent as determined by the School;
§ State or federal ID; and
§ Documentation of disabilities (if applicable).
4. Pass the Admissions Test
All enrollees starting in 2019 must pass the Wonderlic admissions test with a score of 15 or higher
5. Meet with an Admissions Representative.
Students must schedule a personal interview with an Admissions Representative, so the school can certify that they meet the entrance requirements and are a good candidate for the therapeutic massage program. For applicants who reside outside of the Washington D.C. metropolitan area, a telephone interview may be arranged.
High School Diploma (or Equivalent)
NTC does not accept Ability-To-Benefit (A.T.B.) students for admissions. Therefore, to be accepted for admission, the school must have evidence on file that a student has received a high school diploma or recognized equivalent.