Transfer of Credit from Another School
NTC may accept transfer clock hours for previously completed training that was completed at other schools or colleges if the institution is accredited with an accrediting agency that is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. The student may be granted transfer hours up to 25% of the total program credits from an outside institution. The following steps are taken by NTC:
1. The Director of Education will review transcripts to determine what hours, if any, will be granted. This determination is made before the student starts.
2. The student must submit an Official Transcript (signed with the school seal); a catalog from the transferring institution, which describes the courses for which transfer hours are sought, and a syllabus from the transferring college.
3. Transfer hours/credits will be considered for credits toward graduation if the following criterion are met before starting at NTC:
§ Official transcript and catalog with course descriptions are approved
§ The course content is adjudged equivalent in content, hours and credits
§ A Grade Point Average (GPA) of 2.0 (C) or better was achieved
§ The course was completed no more than three years before the transfer request is made
4. NTC will review the transfer information within 14 calendar days. An email notice is sent to the student regarding the transfer decision.
5. All courses transferred from another institution will be marked as “transfer” in the student management system and on the corresponding transcript.
6. Students will be charged on a pro-rata basis on the number of hours remaining in the program.
7. Students may appeal the transfer decision by submitting a written notice to the Director of Education.
NTC makes no representation or guarantee regarding the transfer of hours/credits to other institutions. Acceptance of transfer is always at the discretion of the receiving institution. Students planning to attend another institution should check the policy of that institution regarding a transfer of hours/credits. In the event, a student is considering transferring to a new institution NTC will provide guidance and assistance.